Mr. Arun Nanda holds a Degree in Law from the University of Calcutta, is a fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (FCA) and a fellow member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (FCS). Mr. Nanda has also participated in a Senior Executive Programme at the London Business School.
He joined the Mahindra Group in 1973 and held several important positions within the Group over the 40 years he was with the company. He was inducted to the Board of Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M) in August 1992 and resigned as Executive Director in March 2010 to focus on the social sector and create a favourable ecosystem for senior citizens. He was a non-executive director from April 2010 till August 2014.
He is currently the Chairman of Mahindra Holidays & Resorts (I) Ltd. and Mahindra Lifespace Developers Ltd.
He is also the Chairman of Holiday Club Resorts Oy, Finland, Chairman on the Advisory Board of 3i Investments plc, Chairman of Tourism & Hospitality Skill Council, Director of National Skill Development Corporation, Independent Director of Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd., Member of the Advisory Board of TechnoServe India, and a Trustee of Integrity Action, U.K. and Helpage India. He was a Member of the Task Force set up by the B20 on Anti Corruption which presented the policy paper to President Sarkozy at the G20 Summit held in Cannes in November 2011 and to President Putin in St. Petersburg in June 2013.
He is also Chairman Emeritus of the Indo-French Chamber of Commerce and Chairman of CII National Committee on Skill Development for 2017-18. He was also Chairman of CII Western Region Council for the year 2010-2011.
Mr. Nanda was honoured with an award of “Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur” (Knight of the National Order of the Legion of Honour) by the President of the French Republic, Mr. Nicolas Sarkozy in 2008.
Mr. Arun Nanda is the recipient of the following awards:
- “Real Estate Person of the Year Award from GIREM Leadership Awards in India in 2008.
- “ICSI National Award” for Excellence in Corporate Governance for Mahindra & Mahindra as the best governed company in 2008.
- “CA Business Achiever Award – Corporate” at The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India Award 2009
- “Lifetime Achievement Award” for his outstanding contribution to the Hospitality Industry and the Service Sector by the Golden Star Awards 2010.
- “Aatithya Ratna Award” by the Business Hotels Network and Horwath HTL in 2014 for his contribution to the success of the Hospitality Industry.
- “Lifetime Achievement Award” in December 2014 at the CNBC Awaaz Real Estate Awards for his relentless pursuit of excellence and dynamic leadership that steered the growth of Mahindra Lifespaces.
- “Recognition of CAs in Social Service” for best work for Senior Citizens in August 2015 from the Institute of Chartered Accounts of India.
- “IFCA Award of Excellence” for outstanding contribution to the development of culinary profession and promotion of culinary art in India from Indian Federation of Culinary Association in September, 2015.
- “Lifetime Achievement Award” in September 2016 for exceptional contribution to India’s real estate sector from National Real Estate Development Council (NAREDCO).